Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 20:12:35 -0600
Not quite as you remember it, Jim.

I started using CT in 1988 - Version 5.something. Unfortunately, I don't have that manual anymore, but I do have the CT Version 9 manual, from 1994.

From the manual:

"CT uses database files to look up prefix, country and section information. The CQWW.CTY, ARRL.CTY and IARU.CTY files have been merged into one database, CTY.DAT, which contains CQ zones, IARU zones, ..."

That implies that CQWW.CTY, ARRL.CTY and IARU.CTY predate version 9, and the AD1C-maintained CTY.DAT was introduced in Version 9. I bet AD1C can tell us even more.

73,
Steve, N2IC
Contest logging program historian :)