Re: [CQ-Contest] Possible changes for CQ VHF Contest

To: "egruff@cox.net" <egruff@cox.net>, "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Possible changes for CQ VHF Contest
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:12:19 -0400
I will agree that E-Skip is regional.  Sometime you get favored, sometimes you
don't.  However the 15M prop on IARU was not E-Skip that I could tell.

You can't measure prop by "whose on?".  If there is prop to the Pacific or
Southeast Asia - which there often is in W5 (I used to live in Texas), and no
one is on from there - it sounds like zero prop - but its actually zero
activity to an open zone of the world.

I have no issue with FT8.  Nor do I have dog in the fight of VHF contests.  I
like to see data be accurate in our discussions though.

Ed  N1UR