Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 16:44:51 -0400
Why not move all digital communications (including FT8/FT4) above 7100 ?

Here is the FCC frequency allocation for the lower part of 40 meters the US:

7.025-7.125 MHz : CW, RTTY/Data

The same applies to 20/15/10 meters as well.

14.025 -14.150 MHz CW, RTTY/Data

21.025-21.200 MHz: CW, RTTY/Data

28.000-28.300 MHz: CW, RTTY/Data

I don't think that segments above .100 are used much by anyone in the US. I've never understood why the digital mode frequency recommendations are in the top part of the CW band to begin with. Maybe one of you serious digital guys can explain this reasoning?

Jeff KU8E