Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:29:31 +0000
I think the decision was made by the developers.

Keep in mind that finding a frequency on 40m is challenged because band plans,
and available frequencies, are so different around the world.   The FT8
watering hole at 7074 is already about where phone starts in Region 1, so
finding a good watering hole further up the dial would be a problem.   I'd
think that perhaps 7072 would have been a better choice, but I can see where
someone might have wanted to be cute and decided to suggest 7047 for FT4 to go
along with 7074 for FT8.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org