Re: [CQ-Contest] WW-Digi Contest -- Rule Clarification

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, "'CQ-Contest@contesting. com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW-Digi Contest -- Rule Clarification
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 16:17:16 -0400
Dave - is this actually REALLY quickly synchronized separate transmissions to 3
different stations?  Or are there 3 simultaneous transmissions occurring at
exactly the same time?  If it’s the former, its certainly serial single op
worthy - I do this all the time while contesting - just not as fast as a
computer.  If it’s the later, then it would be "more than one signal at a
time".  That would violate current rules in all categories I believe.  Even
Multi-Op stations can only have one signal at a time on a distinct band.  Of
course I am assuming that a "signal" is the roughly 50hz of individual beeps
and not the 3khz of computer managed bandwidth.  All definitions to be
finalized with this new breed of contest category.  Illustrating how non-human
controlled it really is.

Interestingly, and on a different subject, whether 5T5PA is actually compliant
with the new DXCC rules making such contacts ineligible for DXCC is another
topic.  I believe that the next contact cannot be made without a human
engagement.  So was it semi-automatic or automatic fire?  And is that
engagement needed as part of a "stack build" or real time - the initial DXCC
language was not too clear.

Ed  N1UR