Re: [CQ-Contest] [GoFRC] Odd question but radio related

To: n2mm@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [GoFRC] Odd question but radio related
From: ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:23:57 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Carol,
Your question is not as odd as it may first appear.
Towers are grown on tower farms, just like Christmas trees.  When they get to
an appropriate height and strength, they are chopped down and sold.  Like
Christmas trees, they will not grow further, but will last many years if placed
in a solid concrete foundation.
They should be regularly inspected for rust and rot.  Watering is probably
detrimental.  Proper drainage is better.

I've known folks who light them up at Christmas.
73,Ken, AB1J