Re: [CQ-Contest] [N1MM+] New Super Check Partial files available VER2020

To: Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [N1MM+] New Super Check Partial files available VER20200202 (02 FEB 2020)
From: Robert Busch - DL7VOA <sunnyrob@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 13:58:45 +0100
Hi Joe,

Chris is right, SCP helps a lot when additional personal “experience“ of the OP
is added, like frequent contest callsigns (see his examples) or knowledge about
(im)possible propagation paths at the moment or you were just missing the
prefix.
SCP helps in increasing the rate in pile-ups and long time ago I decided to
give it a guess to the most likely proposed callsign instead of asking for
repetition. My guesses are ok in more than 2/3 of the cases so it helps.
And sending a ? with whatever information just urges many of the ‘unwanted‘
callers in the pile-up to repeat their call and slow down the rate with
additional QRM (just by ignoring the ‘whatever information‘ and hearing only
the ?).

73
Rob, DL7VOA

Robert Busch   .iPhone
Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.