Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of SCP Data Encouraged

To: Hans Brakob <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of SCP Data Encouraged
From: John Crovelli <w2gd@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 04:35:56 +0000
We agree on this Hans - getting the call right is a primary operator skill
stressed within all contesting endeavors.  And the tools you mention all have
their place in the tool set of operators at ALL skill levels.  There is
something for everyone - to help make the contesting experience more enjoyable.
 We've some how surged beyond the era of having Drake Twins, HA1 keyers, and OP
Aid Sixes cluttering the desk.

Tools like the SCP are used by everyone to achieve higher logging accuracy.
Just another one of many things contester's have used on the battlefield for
literally decades ... to enhance results.

You can't put the SCP back in the Genie's bottle after three decades of
virtually universal acceptance any more than you can ever expect to stop remote
contest station operations, SO2R, 2SBIQ, clusters, and skimmers.  This is
today's contesting reality ... you may not like these changes (I don't either
in some cases)  ... we either adapt or find another game more suited to our
tastes.

Regards,

John, W2GD