Re: [CQ-Contest] 3 and 4 letter calls

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <jimk8mr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 3 and 4 letter calls
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 23:49:06 -0500
You’re cheating Jim – comparing a CW call to one of the greatest symphonies
ever written?  LOL!  The fourth movement of Mahler’s 1st or Schubert’s 9th is
pretty good too.

Right after every CW or SSB contest that I operate seriously (30 hours or
more), I notice that when I hear music of any sort – rock, classical, pop,
etc., for the first 15 minutes or so that I hear it it all sounds weird and off
key.  It’s like what I have been listening to on the radio has been burned into
my brain and other types of signals require time and cognitive readjustment to
process their signals properly.  It’s still happens the same way after every
contest as it did 46 years ago.

73

Bob, KQ2M