Re: [CQ-Contest] Audio limiter/controller

To: Mark Simms <msimmsdr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Audio limiter/controller
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 07:28:24 -0700
Mark-
I have noticed the same thing on my K-3. Like you I have fiddled with the AGC
adjustments but without much improvement. I have always understood that the
purpose of the AGC circuitry is to prevent the condition you described. I am
getting the feeling it is a design flaw in the rig. I have not done it yet but
my next move is going to be contacting Elecraft and see what they say. I think
they're pretty responsive so hoping we can get to the bottom of it that way. It
might also be useful to poke around on the K3 reflectors. I would guess others
have had the same experience.

Tom H
K0SN