Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Coax Stub location; outside?

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Coax Stub location; outside?
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:42:00 +0200
Exactly!

One detail sharpened:
double stub separation is optimal at 1/4 wave separation on the harmonic
frequency.
Please note 1/4 waves is typically 1/8 waves on the fundamental frequency.
The 40 pass 15 reject dual stub separation, that is 15 meter's 1/4 equals
1/12 waves on 40.

Exact placement of stub is less critical than (not)having the stub in the
station construction.
Flipping the thought: it is better to have a stub than try and operate
2radios without stubs.

73,
Jukka OH6LI

ma 24. helmik. 2020 klo 14.29 Jim Brown (k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com)