[CQ-Contest] N7MOT/DU6? DU6/N7MOT

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N7MOT/DU6? DU6/N7MOT
From: James Cain <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 14:35:47 +0000
For the record, the Palos Verdes Sundancers "retired" 41 years ago, in July
1979. I have the final issue of the West Coast DX Bulletin in my archives
to prove it.

cain

---

Lighten up people!

>*From the beginning of time the popular format was “W1ABC portable XY1” on *
>*phone, or “W1ABC/XY1” on Morse/RTTY.*

Then a few years ago, about the time the Palos Verde Sundancers retired, the
ITU suggested a different format of “XY1/W1ABC”.  (For what it’s worth, that
has not been universally adopted.  If I operate from Manitoba, by USA and
Canadian regulation I am required to sign “K0HB/VE4”.)

In any case, everyone with more than one contest under their belt fully
understands either format, and there is no intent to deceive by slipping into
an “old fashioned” habit of ID.

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID