Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW is an unfair Contest -- A solutiion!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW is an unfair Contest -- A solutiion!
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 11:21:59 -0800
On 12/3/2020 3:08 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
You send Tree N6TR a respectful email asking him to please run the open logs
that CQ makes public every year and run them through the Stew Perry contest
aggregator and rescore the CQWW contest based only on distances and # of
Q's.(no multipliers) (I imagine there are other contests out there based on
distances as well)

That doesn't work either, because scoring rules determine the operating strategies of the participants. This weekend in ARRL 160, for example, where DX is worth 5x a USA QSO, I won't be able to work many east coast mults because they're listening with directional RX to EU until the path dies after EU sunrise, and then they go to bed, except for the few big guns who start listening for AS and OC.

And a lot fewer Atlantic Basin stations work Stew because they don't have that advantage!

73, Jim K9YC