Re: [CQ-Contest] The continuing lesson - log what is sent....

To: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The continuing lesson - log what is sent....
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:46:32 -0600
I finally got her to accept the letters ZERO... or else she wasn't going in the log. A lot of folks use a prefill not realizing they are not 100% accurate and need updating regularly... a small percentage did not match what the latest prefill said.... you have to pay attention! HNY 73's Cort K4WI

Jack Brindle via CQ-Contest <mailto:cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sunday, January 17, 2021 3:58 PM
But sometimes it might be really difficult. Case in point, the YL who was sending a number as her name. Several loggers insist that names must be letters only, and refused to log numbers. I made a note of the situation, and edited the Cabrillo file to use what she sent me. Weird.

I agree with my long-time friend, log what is sent. Sometimes the log programs make it very difficult…

73!
Jack, W6FB