Re: [CQ-Contest] Phone Pileups

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phone Pileups
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 07:54:47 -0500
Pete,

I was listening to a few of the K2x stations running by the numbers and it was a mess. Going by the numbers is not a good idea imho.

For starters it irks operators having to wait, and a bunch of callers don't care and call anyways even if they are not in the call area being called for. The latter has me quite distressed. People don't listen to directions.

I would suggest just running and work the stations as they call. Going split may be the best option, if needed.

It's the job of the calling station to get through which means paying attention to propagation, using the best antenna they have for a particular band, timing their call and not calling when the K2x calls a specific station or letter combination.

Rich - N5ZC