Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County

To: Hans Brakob <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@advanced-conversion.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 19:44:44 +0000
Actually, according to the ARRL web site.

"For foreign nationals not  holding a U.S. FCC-issued license, remote control
of a U.S. station is not authorized under any treaty or reciprocal
authorization, regardless of their location."

K0/G3ABC is never a valid callsign from a remote station from all that I read.
And "borrowing" the hosts callsign is not legal either.  It either violates the
rule of not being present in the country or it violate the rule of third party
traffic internationally by the US licensee (control operator).

It would seem to me that the ONLY way a foreign operator can remotely control a
US station is to also have a US license and to operate within the limitations
of the US license obtained.

This is clearly a confusing area for many which is why I am asking.

Ed  N1UR