Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County

To: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County
From: Jack Brindle via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:35:30 -0500
Following up my own post, the question is who should prosecute the rule here,
CQ/ARRL or the FCC. How badly do we wish to get the FCC involved?
Moreover, is this really a problem yet?

73,
Jack, W6FB

> On Jul 14, 2021, at 1:31 PM, Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com> wrote:
>
> Randy, CQ makes it their issue. From CQ WW rule XIII. Declaration:
> "2) operated according to all rules and regulations that pertain to amateur
> radio for the station location,”
>
> Also, see General Rules for All Entrants, #5 which points out the same thing.
>
> If it is not legal in the country of the operation, it isn’t legal for CQ WW
> either.
> Pretty much all contests have this same declaration.
>
> Note: I don’t have a dog in this fight other than to point out the rules. In
> contesting, we really must abide by them.
>
> 73!
> Jack, W6FB
>
>> On Jul 14, 2021, at 10:56 AM, Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is not a CQ or ARRL contest issue.  It is a government regulations
>> issue.  It is also one where you may not want to ask the question and get
>> and answer you did not expect...

>>> C1%7C0%7C637618730426935136%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMD
>>> AiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=0ec5