[CQ-Contest] Remote operation into the USA

To: Reflector Cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation into the USA
From: ko7ss--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 04:23:36 +0000 (UTC)
N1UR wrote:

"I continue to see postings of scores by a ham outside the US operating a US
based remote site.  The hams do not have their own US callsign and "borrow"
someone else's callsign from the US.  I am pretty sure this is an illegal
operation in the US.  Am I missing something?  Its happening pretty much every
contest now"

It would be easier to opine on this situation that is bothering you if you were
to post up the callsigns in question, in public, on this reflector. There may
be aspects of the details you do not know.

73, Bill KO7SS / 9A5SSS / ZF2SS