Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

To: "ktfrog007@aol.com" <ktfrog007@aol.com>, "richnn3w@gmail.com" <richnn3w@gmail.com>, "donovanf@erols.com" <donovanf@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.
From: Hans Brakob <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 01:09:03 +0000
All of that for a crutch?

73, de Hans, KØHB
“Just a Boy and his Radio”™
________________________________
From: ktfrog007@aol.com <ktfrog007@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 7:07:14 PM
To: kzerohb@gmail.com <kzerohb@gmail.com>; richnn3w@gmail.com
<richnn3w@gmail.com>; donovanf@erols.com <donovanf@erols.com>
Cc: CQ-Contest@contesting.com <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>

As voice skimmers will be difficult to implement here are some ideas to get us
started, from my addled brain on insomnia and caffeine:

1) Adjust your transmitter for the most intelligible audio for your voice.
Practice your enunciation.  Record and listen to your transmissions (maybe you
and a local buddy can help each other).  Resist maxxing out the controls.

2) Implement sub-audible codes giving the call.  Quick and dirty approach.

3)  Register your voice with the skimmer so the skimmer can recognize it. Say
your call and exchange just as you would in the contest.  Works with a voice
keyer, too.

4) Voice keyer libraries of high quality, professional speaking voices with
clear enunciation while talking at 90 mph.

5) Come up with a better set of phonetics, or special phonetic alphabets for
various accents. Made up words might be more intelligible in some cases than
real words.

6) Get a neural network AI machine and let it train itself, copying off the air
and correlating with manual cluster spots as well as letting it draw its own
conclusions. It can submit a special SWL log to WWORF for an LCR, then go back
and reprocess a recording of the contest and submit again.  Rinse and repeat.
Do more contests until it gets really good.

7) Invent new digital voice modes (sayonara SSB). Just grab the digital data
and throw it on the skimmer.

73,

Ken, AB1J