Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests

To: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:41:46 -0500
Chuck,

I think you are right.

An experienced guy will get this zone entry right.  And a casual op probably won't tender the log.  So the argument to enter the right zone makes sense.

What perked me up on this issue is that the CQ WPX check log results are out and I had not looked at that report much in the past - but this time noted a monster hit (10%!) to the score over a relatively few number of Q-related errors.  By comparison, the other OP that I looked at as a benchmark had about half the score hit (~5%) in the log check process, so clearly this is an area I need to focus on more.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com