[CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:06:21 +0000
I operated the CQMM DX Contest in 2023 using the callsign ZF2MA.  It was a fun
experiment and I was not making a serious effort.

When the results appeared, I saw that I had a score reduction of more than 9%.
This is very high for me and much higher than the other stations around my
score.  I wrote to the contest manager and he informed me that, "Only stations
that DO NOT SEND LOGS but that appear in 5 or more different logs received by
the Contest Organizing Committee are validated contacts."

I do not find this anywhere in the rules.  ZF is not rare DX, but I guess I had
enough callers that 107 of my 1517 QSOs were declared "invalid."

I just wanted to let everyone know of this hidden rule.

Randy K5ZD