Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule
From: John Owens NN6U <john@nn6u.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 19:05:18 +0000
Based on the awkward wording in the rules of "shall be considered participating
stations from competition", it seems like they are trying to only include
people intentionally participating in the contest and specifically trying to
exclude casual contacts from non-participants. I agree it seems not in keeping
with the spirit of most contests, but I guess the organizers don't like the
"I'll put you down for #1 then, ok?" approach.

    73,
    -John NN6U