[CQ-Contest] Dr Barry Kirkwood, ZL1DD

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dr Barry Kirkwood, ZL1DD
From: Chris Pedder <chris.g3vbl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 08:00:41 +0100
Chiang Mai, Thailand.  1 July 2024

It is with sadness that I must relate the passing of my old, in both senses of the word, friend Dr Barry Kirkwood, ZL1DD, earlier this morning.

For the last 20 or so years Barry had lived in 'voluntary exile' at his home in Chiang Mai. Sadly there is no agreement between New Zealand and Thailand which would have allowed Barry to gain a Thai licence. He was part of the group who helped to set up the 'super-station' at HS0ZIA and enjoyed operating from there.

Some on this reflector will have made use, during contests, of Barry's station and lovely qth on Waiheke Island (OC201) while he still lived in New Zealand.

RIP Barry

Chris HS0ZNB