CT-User

IQR query

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: IQR query
From: dieven@almaden.ibm.com (Dick Dievendorff)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 94 11:02:20 -0800
Like many others, I'm having trouble finding enough IRQs
>= 7 to support the cards I'd like to install.  I'd like
to install a COM3 port for next fall's contest season for
multi-single operation with two rigs.

One "standard" for IRQs says COM1 and COM3 share IRQ4 and
COM2 and COM4 share IRQ3.  Does that work with CT, or must
I dedicate a unique IRQ number to each COMx port?

My system has a bus mouse and a DVP that both want an IRQ
7 or below.  Putting the DVP on IRQ7 interferes with OS/2
printing (but not DOS printing) on LPT1.  Then there's the
sound card that wants TWO IRQs, 5 and 7!  I know I can't
have all this at once, but some relief on the COM port
IRQ requirement would help.

Dick Dievendorff, AA6MC, G0MFO