CT-User

CTPATH Vs. DVP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CTPATH Vs. DVP
From: k2mm@MasPar.COM (John Zapisek)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 94 15:37:08 PDT
I recently helped (perhaps that's being generous) a friend install a new DVP
board and get it running with CT 9.03.  We got stuck for a while where CT
would come up but not take keystrokes.  The only way out was to reboot.

Turns out the culprit was the CTPATH environment variable.  We had this:

    CTPATH=c:\ct9
    DVPPATH=e:

The problem went away when we removed CTPATH from the environment.

We also got CT to not hang by neglecting to start the DVPTSR.  Of course,
that meant we couldn't use the DVP.

Changing the DVP's IRQ from 7 to 5 didn't help or hurt.  After fixing the
environment, we put it back to IRQ 7.  The DVP seems quite content to share
IRQ 7 with LPT0:

73, and GL to everyone in CQP.  --John/K2MM