Hi Frank. Not much of an opening to EU from California on my
tribander for WAE this morning so I thought I'd answer you
quicker than the response that I got.
I also was unable to see anything from my PK-232 in the packet
windows with CT -- I posted my query on the CT BBS and two
months later (!) Larry Amodeo kindly gave me the hint:
DON'T START YOUR PK-232 UNTIL YOU'VE GOT CT UP AND RUNNING!
Sure, it made me feel Mesozoic to hear the fix was that simple,
but what the hey . . . ..
1. Turn OFF PK232.
2. Load TSR(s), in your case COMTSR2, start CT and set comports,
3. Bring packet window up with ALT-T.
4. Turn on the TNC and type * (Enter) until the PKT and CMD
LED's come on. You should now see PK-232 welcome message.
5. Type MY (call) (ENTER).
6. Type DA 9508121635 (set the date/time).
7. Type C (PacketCluster node callsign). The CONV and CON LED's
should come on, and you should see the welcome message from
8. After you've finished typing commands to the node, type
ALT-T to go back to logging mode.
I have not been able to make the PacketCluster feature of CT V9.23
work under Windows 3.1, so I run CT under DOS 6.21. It's a cool
feature that I gather is not a high priority with the CT programmers
as leaving out the fact that you have to turn the TNC on AFTER
getting CT going is a rather important tidbit of information that
should be included in the manual.
Randy Powell NZ6N
Administrative requests: firstname.lastname@example.org