CT-User

Interface for the FT-990 (and FT-1000 timeout prob)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Interface for the FT-990 (and FT-1000 timeout prob)
From: jallen@vhfcom.com (John D. Allen)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 07:48:19 -0500
There are or were boxes available.  The one I am using is or was sold
as the KIY box, by K1CC.  It works fine with the FT1000.
(KIY means Kenwood, ICOM, Yaesu - the box can work with all three
brands.)

(Note that early boxes may not work with the FT1000 (and maybe other
FT's??) due to a specification problem of some sort.  (Apparently
there was an omission to the FT1000 interface spec.)  The fix is a
pulldown resistor added to the box on the FT1000 send side..

I had the FT1000 radio timeout problem with CT (any version) until
this resistor was added - the problem was that NO data was getting
back to CT from the radio.  That can easily be checked with any
scope.

73, John, K1FWF
jallen@vhfcom.com

John D. Allen, jallen@vhfcom.com