CT-User

Fwd: Interface for the FT-990 (and FT-1000 timeout prob)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Interface for the FT-990 (and FT-1000 timeout prob)
From: WA7FOE@aol.com (WA7FOE@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 18:14:48 -0500
For what it's worth -

I battled a sporadic timeout problem (molasses keyboard) in CT for a long
time.

A user of this reflector suggested an RF problem on the control line between
the computer and the FT-1000.

After researching further exactly when the timeout problem was occuring, I
found it was only on 40 Meters, which is the only band where the antenna SWR
can get quite high at the band edges.  Also, the problem did not occur
without Mr. Alpha in  line.

I ordered some snap on ferrite beads from Surplus Sales of Nebraska, from
their QST ad.  Snapped one at each end of the suspect line, and have not had
a timeout problem since. (It's been about 6 months now).

73

Ron