CT-User

[ct-user] FT-1000D/FIF-232C/CT problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-1000D/FIF-232C/CT problems
From: Vitaly Markhasin <MARKV@SNC-LAVALIN.COM> (Vitaly Markhasin)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:08:17 -0400
Hello all at CT-USER forum,
I just have got myself an FIF-232C interface and tried it with CT
last night but could not make it work...
I have Pentium 200 MMX (IPC) computer and use Flexport 42
card that gives me 8 COM ports.
FIF-232C is connected to COM4 (yes, I am sure it is COM4) and
IRQ is OK.
I've created a .BAT file to start the program and to load TSR. The
line to load TSR looks like this: COMTSR4 -P4 -B4800 -N82 -I5
Than the program loads with -d option. TSR Unloads before
program is terminated.
The CAT display (upper left hand corner of the FT-1000D display)
blinks but on the bottom line of the logging screen in CT a
message "YAESU radio timeout 0" appears. If I key-in let say a
call sign, it appears on the screen with about 10 sec. delay.
Same delay with any action (F1, F2 etc.) and no keying (TX does
not transmit).
Any ideas what I did wrong? Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

I will try it with NA and TR programs on the weekend. What is
your experience with this type of setup and these two programs?
Please reply direct to my E-Mail MARKV@SNC-LAVALIN.COM
Thank you.
73! Vitaly (VE6JO)

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct