CT-User

[ct-user] FT-1000D/FIF-232C/CT problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-1000D/FIF-232C/CT problems
From: Henk Remijn <hremijn@zeelandnet.nl> (Henk Remijn)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:52:44 +0200
Vitaly Markhasin wrote:

> Hello all at CT-USER forum,
> I just have got myself an FIF-232C interface and tried it with CT
> last night but could not make it work...
> I have Pentium 200 MMX (IPC) computer and use Flexport 42
> card that gives me 8 COM ports.
> FIF-232C is connected to COM4 (yes, I am sure it is COM4) and
> IRQ is OK.
> I've created a .BAT file to start the program and to load TSR. The
> line to load TSR looks like this: COMTSR4 -P4 -B4800 -N82 -I5
> Than the program loads with -d option. TSR Unloads before
> program is terminated.
> The CAT display (upper left hand corner of the FT-1000D display)
> blinks but on the bottom line of the logging screen in CT a
> message "YAESU radio timeout 0" appears. If I key-in let say a
> call sign, it appears on the screen with about 10 sec. delay.
> Same delay with any action (F1, F2 etc.) and no keying (TX does
> not transmit).
> Any ideas what I did wrong? Your help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I will try it with NA and TR programs on the weekend. What is
> your experience with this type of setup and these two programs?
> Please reply direct to my E-Mail MARKV@SNC-LAVALIN.COM
> Thank you.
> 73! Vitaly (VE6JO)
>
> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org

   You need no have version 6 of the software in the FT1000D to have it
running.
How to check: Press key 1 and key 3 of the keypad and switch on the
radio.
After the display test you will see the text YAESU version number.

If you have version 5.84 you will have to contact yaesu for a new prom.

I hope yeasu in North America is faster then in The Netherlands, because
I ordered
one two months ago,  and they have to order it in Japan.
The price here should be around $75, they werent sure when I ordered it.

73, Henk pa3eob