CT-User

[ct-user] wish list

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] wish list
From: Bill Long <wlong@wmdc.edu> (Bill Long)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:10:51 +0000
I've been a contester of sorts for a year, now.  I started with SS a year
ago, using the freeware version of CT.  Liked it so much I bought it (v
9.27).  My 13-year old son (not a ham yet) does logging for me.  He likes
CT so much that he refuses to boot another logging program!

We run a Macintosh clone with a DOS/Windows 3.1 emulator.  Of the logging
programs we tested before buying, CT is the one that has been 100% stable
and fast.  We have complete faith that it won't crash during a contest,
costing us points.  For example, SD cost us 50 QSO's in SS last fall, We
switched to freeware CT to finish the contest.

So, as a confirmed user, I have a wish list.  It's a simple one.  Could a
program like CT easily be made contest/configurable?  So that it could be
used in more contests?  It already reads countries, sections, etc. from
editable .DAT files.  Reading points/qso and points/multiplier from an
editable file would allow us to use it for many different contests, like
the PA qso party for instance.

73, Bill

Bill Long NY3M
wlong@wmdc.edu