CT-User

[ct-user] CT & 2 Radios

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT & 2 Radios
From: Jim Pratt <n6ig@netcom.com> (Jim Pratt)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 07:38:06 -0800 (PST)
Two radios are easily set up in the menus in the beginning.  Assuming you
have the appropriate TSRs loaded and the program set up, you switch from
Radio One to Radio two with CTRL-. (thats CTRL-period).  It works well,
in fact there is a bit in the keyer LPT interface to switch an external
relay for other rig switching functions like keyers, etc.

There are troubles, for example:

* put the program into the "-fo" mode so it doesn't stop sending CW when
you type on the keyboard;

* send CQ on Radio One;
* tune with Radio Two, find a station, check to see if it is a dupe;
* say you find you need to work it, hit CTRL-. to go to the other rig.

The problem is, the call you entered DISAPPEARS when you go to the other
rig, so you have to write it on a piece of paper or have a good memory.
AND, when you go back to the first rig, the call REAPPEARS and you have
to "wipe" it out.  That gets annoying fast, and that's why I use two
computers.

I shall document that and other things and forward them to Kenny for
future corrections, hopefully.  Another thing that is needed is some sort
of "serial number reservation system" when using multiple computers in a
serial-number contests.

73, Jim  N6IG