CT-User

[ct-user] CT & 2 Radios

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT & 2 Radios
From: Dick Wilder (K3DI)" <wilder@abs.net (Dick Wilder (K3DI))
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 20:51:40 -0500 (EST)
Sorry Larry, I don't know the source of the "two radio" information that
I have written into my manual but this is what I have.  You toggle between
two radios with the command Alt-. (It took me awhile before I saw that
said "Alt and PERIOD."

When Radio 1 is selected there is a low on pin 16 of LPT#1 and when
Radio 2 is selected there is a high.  The Alt-. command also changes
the little  Radio1/Radio2 sign on the screen near the clock time.

Next, comes a 2N4401 driver transistor shown on page 18 of the manual
like used for CW.  The 2N4401 drives whatever you feel needs switching
when you flop between radios.  My setup operates a relay to direct keying
and illuminates LEDs next to the Left and Right earphone switches.

I believe K1EA is looking at making changes to improve "two radio."  I
would hope that one will be able to have the band map and announce windows
operate with the INACTIVE radio being used for T&P.  Also, it would be
helpful if the entered call did not go off the screen when one switched
radios.  I have mentioned these concerns to Ken Wolff.

Two radio contesting is fun.  You will never have to feel like you are
missing something while running; you'll be able to check other bands and
not give up YOUR run frequency.   ;=)

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Larry A. Crim wrote--------EDITED------