CT-User

[ct-user] Serial/parallel port Qs

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Serial/parallel port Qs
From: Healy, Rus" <RHealy@mdsroc.com (Healy, Rus)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:28:53 -0500
I have a problem using two-radio mode with CT 9.31. I normally send CW
from LPT1. However, I think in some fairly recent release, CT began
activating the same signal on LPT1 that it uses to signal an external
device that you've selected Radio 2. This is a big hassle, since
whenever I do an Alt-. to go to rig 2, the selected radio goes key-down.

The CT web page says that the second-radio bit is only present on LPT2,
but this is not the case. I have two serial ports and one parallel port
in my radio computer, and I'd like to key the radios using the LPT1 port
and control one of them with each serial port. Right now it looks like
I'll have to build another COM port keying cable, key the radios from
one of the COM ports and control only one of the radios using the other
COM port. :-(

Any ideas?

*Please reply direct.* TU.

--73, Rus, NJ2L