CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9.10/FT1000MP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.10/FT1000MP
From: ne9z@sprynet.com (ne9z@sprynet.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:55:34 -0800
Used CT 9.1 (computer 486/66, Windows 95) for the first time with FT1000MP
during CQWW-CW contest this last weekend.  The DB-9 serial interface cable is
attached to Com 1 & the CW harness is attached to LPT 1.

I shut down out of Windows 95 & re-boot into DOS C:\ and invoke a batch file
cqwwcw.bat.

The ct.cfg file was set up for CW mode & CQWWCW in the C:\CT\.  The batch file,
cqwwcw.bat, which was set up in the root directory C:\ which when invoked
sequences thru:

*   The communications TSR (quick look).
*   Information sheet - which sequences thru several menus for correct options.
          * Contest Type  * Mode  *  Category  *  etc.
*   Itemized info list.
*   Communications set-up - Comports setup as Com1, 4800, Radio 1

My problem:  When typing in the first call on 20CW into CT and hitting enter, a
message came up at bottom of screen:  "OUT OF BAND".  Same message on all the
other bands.  I rechecked the ct.cfg file for CW mode, Information Sheet data &
Communication set-up.  All appeared in order for CQWW-CW contest.   I re-looked
at the cwqqcw.bat file for mistakes and all looked OK.  Nothing I could do
would
correct the problem.  When changing bands on CT the rig would change bands per
normal.

To continue on in the contest I re-booted to C:\CT\CT and entered the file
cqwwcw.bin which sequences thru same sequences as above except for the
Communications TSR list.

This of course disables the serial interface cable function but I had to
obviously change bands manually on the rig & CT with the normal function
buttons.  All was OK thru rest of contest.

What am I doing wrong or how do I correct the problem??

Bill  NE9Z  ne9z@sprynet.com