CT-User

[ct-user] Suggestions for CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Suggestions for CT
From: Michael A. McCarthy, W1NR" <w1nr@eecorp.com (Michael A. McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:43:53 -0500
During the ARRL DX, I made extensive use of the "point and shoot" feature of CT
Version 9.27.  Works great for the most part but I do have a few gripes about
its operation and some suggestions to improve on it.

   1. If I forget and leave the pointer in the window, log some other station
and hit <RETURN>, I get the station I just logged wiped out, replaced with the
spot.  Some other key to grab the spot like <CTRL><RETURN> or <CTRL><LEFTARROW>
would prevent inadvertant loss of the callsign of the station worked.  This
happened more than I can count this weekend.

   2. Some indicator that is always present that says if I am on "SPOT" or "RUN"
frequency would help a lot.  A window with the "stored" VFO and current
frequencies and "RUN" or "SPOT" status would be nice.

Thanks for all of the hard work you put into CT.  We really do appreciate it.

Mike, W1NR

--
**************** Give Every Man His Dew **************
Michael A. McCarthy, President