CT-User

[ct-user] New Alt-F4 behavior in 9.36b

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] New Alt-F4 behavior in 9.36b
From: Dave Hawes" <n3rd@ix.netcom.com (Dave Hawes)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:29:37 -0400
Did anybody else have trouble with the new Alt-F4 behaviour?
Although Ken states that Alt-F4 remembers the last station grabbed
"until you work him," what if you don't work him?

There should be a way to reset of cancel the memory feature of
Alt-F4.  Unless there is something already assigned to it, I
recommend Ctrl-F5.  This would have a similar function to Alt-F5 in
that it would "reset" things.

Maybe I missed something, but I had difficulty in WPX, and avoided
using Alt-F4 completely in favor of Ctrl-RightArrow, which had
predictable results.  Also played with the new Point and Shoot from
the Band Map.  This is convenient is you need to tweak the loading on
the amplifier as you move up the band, especially one of the "wider"
bands.  You can also see more in the Band Map than you can in the
PacketCluster window, so I feel that this is a very convenient new
feature.

73 - Dave, N3RD
n3rd@ix.netcom.com
http://www.QTH.com/topten