CT-User

[ct-user] computer serial port

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] computer serial port
From: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <NQ4I@compuserve.com> (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:48:02 -0400
Hi to ct users...just spent a couple hours trying to get # 6 computer tied
into the network...maybe one of you computer guru's can tell me what I am
doing wrong or right..it is a 486sx25...runs under windows 95, and has 2 on
board ie on the mother board serial ports...i went from windows to restart
it in DOS mode...loaded ct9.27 and comtsr2...com 1 is used for a serial
mouse...the com 2 port would not talk with the network...when I switched to
comtsr1, and disconnected the mouse...then it talked with the network
fine...am I expecting too much of com2 under this DOS prompt...i checked as
best I could that com2 is working properly...I miss MSDiagonistics...is
there another way to test com2? I tried moving the mouse to com2 , but it
would not recognise it there either...is com2 gone south?any thoughts would
be appreciated...at least I have the netwok up and running, but would like
to use the mouse in CT also..de Rick NQ4I