CT-User

[ct-user] How safe is 9.37 ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] How safe is 9.37 ?
From: GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@BTINTERNET.COM (GW4BLE)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:34:07 +0100
Hi Gang,

Well, CQWW Phone is just a month away and you should all be ready by now :-)

Can anyone advise on the following please....

I have just installed the latest 9.37 release, for which I created a new
folder and installed the cty.zip and ct-dat.zip files together with a copy
of dvptsr.
On running up the programme I was surprised to see the following appear just
before the logging screen -

CT Base QSO size:  76
CT QSO size :            100
Log record size:         50

Wow! Is that some kind of restriction on the number of Qs?  well, it would
appear not because I copied across my log from last years' CQWW and that ran
fine; but I just wonder what those figures actually refer to?

Big problem with running dvptsr!  It crashed the programme several times
with the following error message:

DOS/4GW Professional error  (2001)
(followed by a whole load of garbage (to me), i.e.  text and numbers)

This was when running CT in a dos window under Windows 98, so I certainly
will NOT be doing that again!

One other matter, the "Help" file has somehow vanished, Alt H from the
command line just bringing up a blank screen.

I *presume* that everything is OK on running with memory greater than 32 Meg
now - having fallen victim to the "negative memory" problem in the past.

Any comments/observations please?

I will copy all replies to the list (hate that word)

Steve GW4BLE
gw4ble@btinternet.com