CT-User

[ct-user] NETTSR + 3COM PCMCIA card

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] NETTSR + 3COM PCMCIA card
From: RNotarius@chester-engineers.com (Ron Notarius) (Ron Notarius)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:19:44 -0400
     Which specific model 3COM PC Card?  It makes a big difference.

     If you're using a 3C589, you need the 3C589.COM driver, NOT the older
     3C509 or later 3C5X9 drivers (which are for the 3C509 series ISA
     NIC's).

     There are different drivers for the other cards.  They are pretty much
     card-specific, and you can find the latest versions of each on the
     3COM web & ftp sites.

     My company standardized on 3COM cards years ago, and I've never come
     across FMEnable.  That also might be the wrong configuration utility;
     for example, the 3C589 uses 3C589CFG.EXE.

     GL!

     73, ron wn3vaw
     real hallicrafters glow in the dark