CT-User

[ct-user] NETTSR + 3COM PCMCIA card

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] NETTSR + 3COM PCMCIA card
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:26:14 +0000
if the first parameter on the 3c509 command line is for it's software
interrupt i recommend changing it to 0x6f.  0x60 is used by the dvp and
may cause confusion within ct.  also, you should only need the first
parameter on the nettsr command line if you want to emulate com4.
setting the broadcast address and mask should only be needed if you have
to share the cable with some other network that doesn't like the
defaults.

when the packet driver loads what does it report?  they usually spew out
a bunch of stuff about what they are and the card they are set for.  in
some laptops you may need to load a driver for the pcmcia interface, i
seem to remember a driver called 'pccardgo' or some such animal that had
to be run before loading drivers for the pcmcia card itself.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net