CT-User

[ct-user] A Bug in 9.40??

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] A Bug in 9.40??
From: Gary Yantis <gyantis@midtec.com> (Gary Yantis)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:01:24 -0600
Sorry to report the bug remains.  If you hit Ctrl F10 in a DX contest mode
it returns the beam heading at the bottom.  I don't remember seeing that
before so maybe the addition of it has caused this bug.  But, if you hit
Ctrl F10 in a U.S. contest mode, it crashes the program.  I only tried
Field Day and SS but I assume this will happen in any contest where the
program has no DX beam heading file to go to.  So, unless Ken does a quick
fix, just remember to not hit Ctrl F10 during Field Day.  But, if you do,
remember all is not lost.   CT writes to the hard drive as you type.  One
of the many features I like about CT.  So you'll only lose the time it
takes to get back into the program.  But if you're on a network things will
be a bit more difficult.  In the past when I've had a PC in a CT network go
off-line for a few minutes for any reason I've shut them all down and
copied the latest .bin file to the PC that is missing contacts.  Since this
has been a rare occurrence we've done this instead of trying to merge
differing log files after the contest.  But, particularly for Field Day, --
be prepared!

73
Gary, W0TM