CT-User

[ct-user] Question on CT.CFG file

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Question on CT.CFG file
From: Richard Bingham <richard-bingham@uiowa.edu> (Richard Bingham)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:53:26 -0500
Group:

I am working with a networked setup for our Field Day outing utilizing the
NETTSR ethernet utility/driver.  It works quite well, thank you very much!
Now, what I need to learn is <if> there is a way to specify the band that
CT comes up on as a default.  I think it defaults to 20-meters.  The mode
can be set in the CT.CFG file, but can the band be set as well?

It would be most helpful if this could be done for it permits truly
"brainless startup" of the logging systems for those persons who are
"computer challenged"--it's enough to just be able to get them to grasp how
you use the system to log the contacts (sigh!!) without the complexites of
resetting bands and modes.

If it isn't currently a "feature", it would be nice to be able to have that
capability in a new revision....(hint, hint).

BTW:  I can also confirm the ALT-F10 crash as well in version 9.40.  As the
doctor said, "if it hurts when you do that, then don't do it!"

                                        73,
                                        Rich Bingham, WW0Q,
                                        Past President, ICARC
                                        ICARC HamRad Director