CT-User

[ct-user] ?CT9.37 <-> FT1000MP comm prob?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ?CT9.37 <-> FT1000MP comm prob?
From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net> (Tony)
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 12:19:32 -0700
Hi folks,
   I finally got my FT1000MP connected to the computer. TRX-Manager
communicates perfectly in both directions. So, success there. (Oh, and I
got the Phillipines - spotted in TRXmgr DXcluster).

   I'm having trouble getting CT 9.37 to work, though. I always get a
"radio timeout..." message when I get to the business screen. The
computer is a 300MHz PII with Win95

Here is the ct9.bat file I use:
  font SS
  comtsr1 -P1 -B4800 -N82
  ct -d -now %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
  comtsr1 -u
  font 0

I have no other devices (TNC, etc) using any ports.

a) CT almost always requires 2 tries to change bands (alt F1,2). Sometimes
CT fails to change it's own screen in response to a band change command.
(Without the TSR loaded, CT seems to do band switches normally).

b) CT usually gets out of sync with the rig when changing bands from CT.

c) CT almost always sends the rig's 2 band stacking registers to the
lower band edge (7.000, 14.000). Every now and then, it switches to the
last used freq the same way band switches at the rig work.

Since TRXmgr works, I'm suspecting some CT tweak I missed. _Any_ hints
are welcome.

Thanks, Tony

Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net