CT-User

[ct-user] Beam Headings

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Beam Headings
From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net> (Tony)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:20:10 -0800
Hi Bob & all,

At 02:45 AM 11/26/99 -0000, you wrote:
>The SETLAT and SETLON commands are typed in the callsign entry field inside
>the program.  They are not part of the CFG file.  Setting it from the CFG
>file works just fine too.

OK. I sure wouldn't want to set lat and long every time I start the
program. I put them in the config file along with everything else I can
think of. But using either at the call entry lets you see the current
values of both - useful.

>The beam heading appears at the bottom of the F10, "Check Country" window.
>In SS, there's no countries to be checked, and therefore no beam headings.

With the cntrl-F10, the beam heading was displayed on the bottom of the
main window (and commands the rotor). This does not happen with a non-DX
contest.. Maybe it should be supressed if it's value is probably wrong.
(You can _type_ an angle and use cntrl-F10 to command a rotor change).

>Everybody is east of you (mostly).

I knew that. I was posing a general question, though. However, Vancouver
and North Carolina are about 90 deg apart.

...so many ways, so little time,

73,  Tony
Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net