CT-User

[ct-user] CT and WindowsNT Workstation

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and WindowsNT Workstation
From: Michael Brown <k9mi_mike@ameritech.net> (Michael Brown)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:29:06 -0500
Hi Tom

I have used NT 4.0 on this machine in a dual boot
configuration with
98. What I noticed here, was that NT 4.0 is much better if
you run
Windows programs, but using Dos programs things seemed very
sluggish
to me. There may be a way around that, but I don't know what
it is.
My son works in computer networking, and is a big NT fan and
he didn't
have a cure. It wasn't just CT that didn't work as well, as
my Dos
packet programs, and Log-EQF that I use for daily logging
performed
the same way. So I went back to 98.

73, Mike K9MI