CT-User

[ct-user] Something Burning?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Something Burning?
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:19:32 +0000
during arrl cw i had only one real hangup of an ft-1000mp radio control(of the 3
running here full time).  instead of just hitting reset to reboot as i normally
do i played with it a bit and found that hitting alt-period once or twice
brought it back. i did not note that it was on radio-2 when the problem started,
so i am wondering if some of these hangups may be an unintended switch to
radio-2 either because of operator error (alt-period is awfully close to
alt-comma for the band map) or from a program bug that switches radios when it
shouldn't... maybe part of spot grabbing from the alt-a or bandmap
checks/switches radios???  this could also explain unintended band changes or
frequency changes, since radio-2 would probably default to the bottom of 20m it
could make it look like you lost your run frequency or even switched bands.

this may be something to check on when you think you have lost communications...
if this is happening and you fix it with the alt-period it may help ken track
down the problem.

Fred W Hoffert wrote:

> Band map or no band map, my radio (Icom 765) and computer stop
> communicating from time to time during contests.  Rebooting is the
> answer.  At least the computer is faster now.  In the old days I could
> eat a full meal during the reboot (real bonus really).  Bad part, as
> noted below, is that the spots disappear.
>
> 73,
>
> Fred/NA2U
> CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
> "Je mange donc je suis."
> "Good wine is a necessity of life for me."--Thomas Jefferson
>
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:14:47 +0000 alsopb <alsopb@gloryroad.net> writes:
> >
> > Band map never has worked right on my TS450 or TS850.  It keeps
> > getting hung up.  Just going to the band map and selecting a station
> >
> > also hangs the Alt-A window so you can't grab a spot from there.
> > The
> > only solution I found was to exit the program and thus loose all the
> > spots.
> >
> > For some reason, there is a state of denial of this issue.
> >
> > 73 de Brian/K3KO
> >
> > > At at least one operating position (involving a TS850) the band
> > map
> > > wasn;t working right. When you selected a spot off the band map,
> > > it would select a different spot and frequency and set the radio
> > > the frequency of the wrong spot. As I avoided use of this feature
> > for
> > > the rest of the contest (I hate bugs) I don't know how many other
> > > postions had this problem. Others were using the band map
> > > features a lot without a problem.
> > >

> > --
> > Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
> > Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com