CT-User

[ct-user] FT-990

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-990
From: Charlie and Janet Ross <ross_family@acm.org> (Charlie and Janet Ross)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:31:34 -0500
I'm considering buying a Yaesu FT-990.  I would like to computer-control it
with CT.

I'm interested in feedback from any 990 users.  Either general comments
(how well do they play together) or comments on the following topic:

The 1991 QST product review says the original control interface was
impractical--locked the radio up for four seconds.  I assume this was
eventually fixed?  I've seen a reference to an EPROM revision.  If I end up
with a unit before the fix was put in place, is the retrofit available from
Yaesu?

Tnx & 73,

--Charlie, NC1N

                     ross_family@acm.org
Charlie Ross                         Janet Ross
Amateur Radio Operator NC1N          Cross-Stitch Enthusiast