CT-User

[ct-user] Re:iaru Cabrillo

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re:iaru Cabrillo
From: Gary Yantis" <gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:59:46 -0600
Joe --
It looks like an unintended side benefit of Cabrillo to those that sell
contesting software will be (in the case of CT) everyone using pre-version
9.xx and the even older CT shareware will have to purchase the latest
version if they wish to continue to submit their scores electronically to
ARRL.  Although it looks like, with a lot of text editing, you can do your
own from the files that CT generates now. Perhaps others like CQ have also
picked up Cabrillo for 2001 and beyond but I haven't been following that too
closely. Also, separate from the Cabrillo issue, important rule and scoring
changing have been included in 9.xx for contests like WPX, FD and others
that won't be available for the earlier versions and CT shareware.  It is my
understanding that Ken has not, as yet, updated all of the contest files in
CT to fully comply with Cabrillo.  But I believe he plans to have this done
before the first contest that requires Cabrillo.  I think that is the ARRL
SS contest in November but I may be mistaken.  The IARU contest run by the
ARRL does not require Cabrillo this year but will next year.

73
Gary, W0TM
gary@W0TM.com
@9,000 feet 20 miles West of Vail, Colorado