CT-User

[ct-user] Re: DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: DVP won't work in DOS 7.1 (W98SE)
From: Dan Karg" <dkarg@mn.mediaone.net (Dan Karg)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 05:06:00 -0000
First, 'ramdrive.sys' should be available to you under win98SE. It should be
found at 'c:\windows\ramdrive.sys' or if for some reason it isn't on your
hard drive it is on the WIN98Se CD in 'base5.cab'. Those cab files may be at
'c:\windows\options\cabs' depending on who did the windows install.

Second, on the ticking sounds every few seconds. Go into your BIOS and
change the setting for Interrupt 7 from 'PCI/ISA PNP' or some such setting
(will vary by motherboard manufacture  to 'Legacy ISA' (or similar). This
might move interrupts around for you under windows, so you may have to
change it back for proper windows operation, but normally 7 would be
assigned to the printer port under windows so it should not affect it.

I just tested this on an ABit BE6 motherboard PIII 450.

Sometimes is not the software that causes these things, we all upgrade the
hardware
from time to time too :).

Dan
WR0DK